Friday, May 6, 2011

THIRTY, FLIRTY & THRIVING

I had some deep birthday blues for the few days before, but it kind of felt like it came from outer space, so I just decided to believe that it really was a feeling from outer space. I had a great time, and have been overwhelmed in an appreciation for the wonderful people in my life.

HERE IS A GIFT FROM MY BROTHER TOM, WHO MAILED IT FROM NEW YORK

It's a talking horoscope alarm clock!

It's from "The Jennifer Sands Collection." This is what it's like:

I programmed it to give me my horoscope and also my brothers, which will help me feel closer to him while he's in the big apple. HOWEVER, this clock only gives our horoscopes for the years 1995 - 1996

This is actually, seriously, very uncanny because those years ('95 & '96) just keep coming up somehow! This clock is coming to me directly as an omen that I should reflect on those years... I was 14 and 15. BIG ONES. My littlest brother is on the cusp of these ages right now, which is probably a part of the reason that I've been thinking about it so much. So, the first day that I got it, it told me "school or work will be hard to deal with today." And I was like... 1996?... Hell yeah this clock is true! The horoscope for Virgo that day was "you want to have fun today." Wow so true...

SOME OTHER INSPIRING GIFTS RECEIVED







Not included in these photos are the foods and cakes eaten, times spent and love shared...

*The title of this post is from the film 13 Going on 30, which I watched on my birthday.