Dan and I were talking about synchronicities and psychic phenomenon. Dan saw an imaginary kitten and it just so happens that there was a completely real kitten in the same room, only on a different day. I was at work thinking it had been a long time since I've had to make some kind of fancy cocktail from the olden times. Something like a Gimlet. I thought about it for a while: a Gimlet is vodka or gin with lime cordial on ice. Of course, someone comes into the bar and orders, not one, but two Gimlets. Let me make this clear: no one has ever ordered a Gimlet from me. Then Dan and I are talking about how movies from the 80's are just exactly like the ways that we want to live. We say that John Hughes really fucked with the minds of our generation. Right as we are saying this: JOHN HUGHES DIES.
There are swing dancers in the park every Thursday night. You can't see them, because it's unnaturally dark on Thursdays also, but they bring a radio and you can hear their shoes on the gazebo. You can see them sometimes in the flash of a camera, or by the light of the moon.