If you try to google “night bird at Dundas and Ossington,” you don’t get any real answers. There’s a night bird outside the window. I swear to god, it’s just one bird. I can hear it’s creepy squeak while it circles the corner. The scary sound gets closer and further away and then closer again. Every goddamn 2 or 3 seconds, I swear. I’ve counted. It’s about 4 am, I am out on the corner and I look up and it’s sound is everywhere. The whole night is dedicated only to it’s shrill cry and some taxis that drive around desperately. I saw it once tonight. It looks small like a bat but it’s white as lightening, and then it’s gone. I swear to you: there's only one up there, shreeking for some unknown and potentially frightening reason. Perhaps it's lost or lonely. I am eating a taquito and wearing loafers on earth, and it is circling the night sky, hopelessly crying out.