i thought I'd put up some photographs from my big project that i completed this Spring. It was a two-channel installation titled ON THE SAME PAGE. One screen was showing a particular location, where the other screen was depicting the writing of one of my diary entries. I was interested in exploring private life and public life interacting with each other. But, viewing it now, I think that what became way more interesting to me, was the way that we turn our lives into stories. We record everything in our own ways and organize it so that we can make better sense of the weirdness of life that's all around us. I like the idea that sitting in a coffee shop in the middle of the night can be a really regular occurrence, but can hold a lot of significance and become a part of a greater narrative.
It's been a while since I've looked at this and I think I should feel proud of myself for growing up a bit because, man, that writing is angst ridden. I don't really like it! But, in many ways I was viewing this project as the last hurrah of being a silly person writing dumb secrets in her diary. It was a bit of a purging of my juvenile impulses.
But seriously: I was playing it up a little bit. i don't often repeatedly write fuck words all over my diary on a bad day. But, it seemed funny to me at the time.